We are based in Central London within one mile of the High Court of Justice. Our central location enables our clients to have easy access to our offices from all parts of Greater London.
Our unique approach to Client Care and the specialist Barristers we instruct are the main reasons for our success and the good reputation we have built in the legal field.
The majority of our instructions is through recommendation and established clients of the firm.
Our Partners’ combined experience of over 30 years in their respective specialist areas of practice make us one of the leading firms in Greater London. Our commercial awareness sets us apart from many of the other Firms in Greater London.
Our aim is to provide a personal legal service with care and attention and tailored to the needs of each and every client.
Our complaints policy
JW Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided or our fees then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details by writing or speaking with our Complaints Partner who is Samuel Joseph.
His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone number: 020 3790 9247.
If Samuel Joseph is the person you wish to complain about then please direct your communication to Deirdre White whose email address is Deewhite@jwsolicitors.co.uk
To help us understand your complaint and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:
- Your full name and contact details
- What you think we have got wrong
- What you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint
What will happen next?
· Samuel Joseph will write to you acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
· Samuel Joseph will then investigate your complaint which will involve, reviewing your file and other relevant documents and speaking with the person who dealt with your matter.
· Within 6 weeks of receiving your complaint, Samuel Joseph will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter or
· If he feels it appropriate, after carrying out a review of your file, he may invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint
· If you attend a meeting, Samuel Joseph will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed with you within 5 working days of the meeting
If you are not satisfied with the outcome:
· If you are not happy with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure please let us know and we will review the matter.
· If you are still unhappy The Legal Ombudsman can help you. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint.
· The Legal Ombudsman will expect you to have given the firm an opportunity to resolve your complaint (at least 8 weeks)
· Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
· Your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman should be no more than 6 years from the date of the act/omission; or
· No more than 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
· The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge
· The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you have any concerns about us. This could be for things such as dishonesty or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority
**If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.